About Interventional Radiology
Interventional Radiology is one of the fastest growing areas of medicine because it provides a better alternative to surgery for most patients. Interventional Radiologists are skilled in using image-guidance combined with the most advanced medical technology to provide minimally invasive diagnostic and treatment procedures. In fact, after an Interventional Radiology procedure, most patients will have nothing more than a tiny nick in the skin left behind.
Interventional Radiology Experts
All of the radiologists at Interventional Radiology of Colorado are fellowship-trained experts. An Interventional Radiology fellowship is an additional year of intense, focused study of image-guided procedures using special instruments that operate in and out of the body.
Advantages of interventional radiology over surgery:
- Less pain – There are no large incisions or stitches required for our minimally invasive procedures.
- Less cost – Most interventional radiology procedures require no in-patient hospital stay, which greatly reduces the cost of treatment.
- Less risk – Interventional procedures and surgeries both have risks. Surgeries, which typically use general anesthesia, tend to be more risky.
- Less recovery time – With only a very small incision needed for most procedures, recovery time is much less when compared to surgery.
Minimally Invasive Options
Interventional Radiology of Colorado can offer your patients the least invasive option first for a variety of procedures including:
- Uterine Fibroid Embolization
- Drug Eluting Bead Embolization
- Catheter-Directed Thrombolysis
- Vertebroplasty or Kyphoplasty
- Endovascular Aneurysm Repairs